activemq-users mailing list archives

From preben <preben.asmus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: redeliveryPlugin seems to have problems with defaultEntry
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:51:03 GMT
Doesn't seem to make any difference.

DefaultEntry is not taken into account, only the direct
redeliveryPolicyEntries seems to work if you set a queue property that
matches a queue.
eg.

<redeliveryPolicyMap>
                        <redeliveryPolicyEntries>
                            <redeliveryPolicy queue="demo"
maximumRedeliveries="10" redeliveryDelay="10000"
useExponentialBackOff="true" backOffMultiplier="2"/>
                        </redeliveryPolicyEntries>
                        <defaultEntry>
                            <redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="3"
redeliveryDelay="10000" initialRedeliveryDelay="5000"/>
                        </defaultEntry>
                    </redeliveryPolicyMap>

If you have at queue that doesn't fit, and therefore should get the
defaultEntry nothing happens, or better said you get amq default redelivery
of 6.

In my case i get the expected redelivery for queue demo, but for queue foo I
get 6 default redeliveries where I would have expected to get 3

/Preben