activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bob M <rgmatth...@orcon.net.nz>
Subject Very,very new to message brokers - advice sought
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 02:40:30 GMT
Hi
I am completely out of my depth here and seek advice please...........
I have a java program that trades on the forex market via a broker in
Switzerland

The program periodically comes up with a suggested trade direction for a
particular currency pair.

I am now expanding the system to several programs each handling a different
currency pair.

I wish to setup a master control program which will periodically receive a
suggested trade from each of the various programs running - the master
program will possibly condense these trades to a lesser number and send the
result back to each of the participating programs which will then open a
trade if they are on the 'list'

For the messaging aspect I wish to employ ActiveMQ which I have downloaded
and installed.

However, on reading the FAQs, and the getting started documents I am
confused with words like 'client', 'tcp' , 'JVM' 'XML' and a whole lot more
:)

I think I wish to use explicit java code and embed the message broker as I
have with 'derby' for instance

Can anyone point me to a piece of code that I might be able to adapt for my
purpose.
It seem to me that the messaging aspect itself that I require is pretty
basic

Many thanks

Bob M
Dunedin