activemq-users mailing list archives

From pminearo <peter_mine...@skycreek.com>
Subject Re: JMS to JMS Bridge Connection
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 15:39:45 GMT
Broker B which creates the Bridges is giving the EOFExceptions.  But which
part of Broker B we do not know.  We suspect it is the Producer for the
Outbound Bridge.  The reason is two fold:

1. Comment out the Outbound Bridge and everything else works as designed.
2. The messages are never pushed from Broker B to Broker A over the Outbound
Bridge, even on startup.

I want to make sure we are talking the same language.  According to the
documentation on these 2 pages:

http://activemq.apache.org/tcp-transport-reference.html
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

keepAlive packets are off by default
connectionTimeout is set to 30000 ms
soTimeout is set to 0
maxInactivityDuration is set to 30000 ms

First, is the documentation not up to date?

When I refer to keepAlive, I am referring to the TCP Keep Alive setting.
But I am a little confused about how the connectionTimeout, soTimeout, and
maxInactivityDuration all play together.  We are using the default settings,
could these be tripping over each other?

Also, once we loose the connection and the bridges are stopped, we will get
the connection back and loose it subsequently.  However, neither the inbound
nor the outbound bridges are reset.  So, we have to restart the app in order
for the bridge to be reset.  Essentially, we get this EOFException and
ActiveMQ can not recover.  A restart is mandatory.