activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number of consumers question
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 15:17:12 GMT
Assuming a consumer is acknowledging messages correctly then the only time
I have seen the dequeue count on the topics page of the web console be
non-zero is when consumers are using transactions. That's been my
experience. Not sure why though.

Regardless, what dequeue count do you expect to see when there are, say, 10
subscriptions to the same topic and you're looking at a topic wide dequeue
count?

For a topic a dequeue count only really makes sense on a per subscription
basis (as seen on the subscribers page) especially considering that each
subscription to the same topic would most likely have been created at
different points in time.

However, the dequeue count for a queue is, of course, completely
unambiguous.