activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any plans to add paging to the admin UI … too may items.
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:34:12 GMT
do you set maxBrowsePageSize to something reasonable?

The browser is limited by the minimum of: broker destination memory
limit or maxBrowsePageSize.
The thought is that there is very limited value in browsing all the
messages in a large queue.
Because of ordering, if there is a problem with dequeue, the chances
are that the problem is with the first
few messages, or with messages that have already been dispatched to consumers.
For persistent messages, providing a way to bypass the memory cursors
and view/manipulate messages
directly in the store is non trivial.

For your case, if you just nee to limit the amount of date shown
rather than page through it all, the maxBrowsePageSize
policy entry should suffice.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com