activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Setting ?jms.prefetchPolicy.all=10 causes getDestinationSource().getQueues() to return with missing queues...
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:39:23 GMT
This must be a bug…

I have code that needs to enumerate all queues on startup.

So I call

        Set<ActiveMQQueue> queues =
connection.getDestinationSource().getQueues();

This basically returns a list of all queues which have > 1 message waiting
in them.  (or haven't been GCd yet so there might be a few with zero).

… I get queues back, but only about 40 of them.

if I just remove ?jms.prefetchPolicy.all=10

… then I get ALL of them back… something like 400.

But what could cause this?  I read about the prefect policy and I don't see
why this would impact getQueues at all.

I would think that getQueues () would be authoritative.

Is it possible that there's a race? that the ActiveMQ server is sending
advisory messages to the client, but the client hasn't processed them all
yet due to the lower prefect policy?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*