activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject does redelivery require client configuration?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 02:04:56 GMT
I'm having a difficult time getting redelivery to work.

All the tests seem to have redelivery specified in the client.

Which I don't understand because this seems dangerous.  If a client were to
connect without redelivery settings, its messages would never get
re-executed.

So I've been using the redelivery plugin … but I can't get it to work.

This test:

https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/a3a41dae3711f01e13110ed266e9e825b710e986/activemq-unit-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerRedeliveryTest.java

uses the redelivery plugin.  BUT, it also specifies client settings for
redelivery.

1.  Are client settings required even for the plugin?

2.  isn't it dangerous to require the client to specify redelivery
settings?  If you created one without those settings the client may just
start dropping messages.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*