activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does redelivery require client configuration?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:50:23 GMT
On 07/27/2014 10:04 PM, Kevin Burton wrote:
> I'm having a difficult time getting redelivery to work.
>
> All the tests seem to have redelivery specified in the client.
>
> Which I don't understand because this seems dangerous.  If a client were to
> connect without redelivery settings, its messages would never get
> re-executed.

The client has default settings for redelivery, see RedeliveryPolicy.
If the client goes down it's messages that are pending (unacknowledged)
get redelivered to another client, no loss.

> So I've been using the redelivery plugin … but I can't get it to work.
>
> This test:
>
> https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/a3a41dae3711f01e13110ed266e9e825b710e986/activemq-unit-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerRedeliveryTest.java
>
> uses the redelivery plugin.  BUT, it also specifies client settings for
> redelivery.
>
> 1.  Are client settings required even for the plugin?
The test settings simply reduce the amount of time it'd take the test to
run by immediately rejecting the rolled back messages instead of
re-delivering them locally based on the default policy settings.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.