activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jon Mithe <jon.mi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to handle users
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:56:27 GMT
Hi,

Sorry this may be a silly question, I'm new to ActiveMQ and reading ActiveMQ
in action but I don't understand with a desktop application with multiple
different users connecting to a broker how you can provide the same
messaging functionality but unique to each user.

For example, a system where a user can use their application send an order
and receive updates on it.  The send queue could be generic to everyone one
but if you use a queue like jms:order-updates then how can each individual
user get their specific updates?

I imagine here you could maybe use some form of publish subscribe or for
reply - request to which your messages would specify a dynamically allocated
queue, e.g. something like jms:updates_<user_id>

Just feels ott / not scalable / I'm not getting something.

Thanks,
Jon