activemq-users mailing list archives

From jlindwall <jlindw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Basic cluster question
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 00:01:07 GMT
I have been happily testing clusters of activemq 5.10 nodes; we desire highly
available distributed topics.  I just wanted to sanity check my
understanding of the persistent storage with a cluster.

My master cluster nodes are each configured with a unique kahaDB directory.
i.e.

<persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB directory="${activemq.data}/kahadb"/>
 </persistenceAdapter>

For each primary node in the cluster I plan to have one or more slave nodes;
of course each slave's kahaDB directory configuration points to it's
master's kahaDB directory location.

I just want to verify that the master nodes in the cluster do *not* (and
should not) use a shared store.  They are maintaining replicated stores,
correct?

I know this must seem very basic, but the online docs are a bit confusing
considering the many versions that are discussed and the fact that some
configurations documented are deprecated, etc.

Thanks!
John