activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Lost messages - Abnormal Behaviour of activeMQ
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 16:45:38 GMT
If I understand correctly, the code is doing the following:

* Competing consumers read from the same queue
* One of several consumers will be able to process a message while the other
two will not
* When the process can handle the message, it does so and acknowledges it
* When the process cannot handle the message, it rejects (I don't see
rejection in the code), so the message can be handled by another process

Is this correct?  If so, I recommend an architectural review.  This model of
processing will lead to many problems with ActiveMQ.

For example, ActiveMQ never guarantees which consumer will receive a
message.  So, the same message could be redelivered to a single consumer
multiple times and never to any other consumer.  In addition, ActiveMQ has
settings for redelivery; if a message fails to process too many times, it
will be discarded (either sent to a DLQ or just dropped).

Let me know if I've misunderstood.