activemq-users mailing list archives

From UcayaliFish <ucayalyf...@gmail.com>
Subject Activating consumer for each message groups
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:00:51 GMT
Hi,
I need some advice with message groups and I've failed to find a solution in
the net.
What I'm doing is accepting RTP audio from several sources and converting
each RTP frame to JMS BytesMessage and sending it to ActiveMQ queue setting
JMSXGroupID property according to audio origin. I use Spring
MessageListenerContainer and MessageListener at the consumer side. I set
concurrentConsumers of the container to the supposed number of audio
sources. I expected that a separate consumer would be created/used for each
message group thus allowing to accumulate the audio data into larger chunks,
process it and send further. Internal structure required for processing
would be bound to MessageListener instance.
Unfortunately, the container starts a single consumer that receives all
messages from all groups. I.e. the promise is kept - all messages in a group
arrive to the same consumer instance. Actually, I just implement direct
mapping of incoming messages with the same JMSXGroupID to a separate
internal processor (through vm: queues) in a single MessageListener and it
works as expected. It just consumes quite a lot of CPU/memory and I'm not
sure it is an optimal solution whatsoever.
I'm afraid that there is a misunderstanding from my part. Is it a viable
idea to implement this kind of message routing with message groups? What
would community suggest for this type of problem?

TIA

Sergey