activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject How efficient are delayed messages?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:56:48 GMT
I'm planning on deploying a system which will use delayed messages
extensively…

I'm using:

    message.setLongProperty( ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_DELAY, delay );

In the UI they just go into a 'schedule' section not related to the queues.

I had assumed they would be in the queues, just sitting in there and not
ready to enqueue yet.

I would expect that there will be a LOT of these in my system.

Like millions per hour and probably something like 250k-2M sitting there
waiting to be scheduled at any given time.

Will this scale or am I about to shoot myself in the foot? :)

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*