activemq-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Jansen <bjansen-activ...@w007.org>
Subject Re: Configuring SSL with No TrustStore and Using Simple Authentication (Username/Password)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 16:25:07 GMT
On Jun 2, 2014, at 09:19 , shameem <shameem.peerbuccoss@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need help to configure activemq ssl without any truststore instead use
> username and password for authentication.
>
> I am getting the exception as no trusStore is provided:
> Exception in thread "main" javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create
> Transport. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSslConnectionFactory.createTransport(ActiveMQSslConnectionFactory.java:123)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:267)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:239)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:185)
>

> Below is my configuration:
>
> <transportConnector name="ssl"
> uri="ssl://0.0.0.0:61617?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600&amp;transport.needClientAuth=true&amp;transport.wantClientAuth=false"/>

I haven't configured ActiveMQ itself for SSL, but "need client auth" in SSL means that the
server will request the client's certificate and verify that it matches the server's trusted
certificates. If you want anonymous SSL and application-level username and password, I think
you need to set transport.needClientAuth=false.

- Ben