activemq-users mailing list archives

From thall <th...@concentricsky.com>
Subject Re: Message Groups and Network of Brokers (Still not supported?)
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:52:24 GMT
I am also in need message group functionality inside a network of brokers.
>From the testing I have done it appears that the JMS groups are maintained
on a per broker basis.  For example:
if I send a message to Broker A and it already has a group associated with a
specific consumer, of its own, it will have that consumer process the
message.
But if I send a message to Broker B, it is completely unaware of the group
being allocated and will pick a new consumer to handle the message.  Once
Broker B has done this future messages sent to Broker B will be handled by
this consumer.
The same goes for other brokers on the network.  They all have a local map
of groups -> consumers, but there is no coordination between brokers.

I have tried to validate this in the code, I can see the messageGroupOwners
maintained inside the queue, but I don't see any kind of coordination.

Am I missing anything? or is this the expected behavior?