activemq-users mailing list archives

From daltonch <c...@2kgt.com>
Subject Some messages sent to Topics are Lost
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:58:07 GMT
I have a pretty simple setup. I have 1 Queue that a java application post a
message on. I have a Listener on that queue which takes the message and post
it to a Topic (does some stuff to it first). I then have several topic
listeners configured, each one does something different with the message.
Sometimes the message is never picked up by the Topic Listeners. The
application that copies the message from the Queue to the Topic is the same
process so there is not the issue of it not running. The frustrating part is
I can startup the listeners, post some messages and they all make it to the
Topic, then 5 minutes later I can post some messages and half of them make
it, then 5 minutes later they will all make it. This is causing me to loose
many messages and I have no idea where they are going. In the JMSAdmin
console the Message Enqueued counter is incremented correctly with the
number of messages sent to the topic but the Message Dequeued is always
lower, exactly by the number of messages that I am losing.