activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Choice of IO exception handler with pluggable storage lockers?
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 13:23:48 GMT
Hi,

ActiveMQ 5.9.1

I have configured ActiveMQ to use the kaha persistence adapter with a
lease-database-locker.

However, this brings up the question as to which IO exception handler one
should configure: the DefaultIOExceptionHandler or the
JDBCIOExceptionHandler?

The JDBCIOExceptionHandler's method hasLockOwnership() always returns true
if the persistence adapter is not an instance of JDBCPersistenceAdapter
(which it won't be as I'm using kaha). Therefore it cannot be used.

Conversely, the DefaultIOExceptionHandler's hasLockOwnership() method
always returns true, therefore it cannot be used to detect when the
lease-database-locker loses lock ownership.

Is this a bug in the JDBCIOExceptionHandler?

Thanks,
Paul