activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Using interceptors and delays to implement throttling.
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 18:03:30 GMT
I have a standard producer/consumer model with N consumers listening on
queues.

One of the problems we have is that some of our resources are constrained.
 We don't want to fetch them too often so we throttle them.

We're migrating to activemq and need this feature to switch over.

I'm thinking about using interceptors and delays to implement throttling.

Essentially, every time I receive a message, I can look at the message,
from the message data, I can compute a delay, then insert it into the queue.

Does this seem like a reasonable strategy? Os is there a better model?

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*