activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use message selectors against messages on disk
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 17:46:27 GMT
On 05/13/2014 12:28 PM, Benjamin Jansen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In ActiveMQ 5.x (I have tried 5.6.0 and 5.9.1), is it possible to use JMS message selectors
against in-flight messages that have been put on disk? Based on my experimentation, it appears
not, but I wanted to double-check, since I've found conflicting information on the Web.

> A comment on a blog post describing this behavior, claims that it has been fixed: http://bit.ly/1sJpdw4
>
> OTOH, this issue seems to indicate that it will never be fixed in AMQ: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2217
>
> Thanks for any insight.
>
> - Ben Jansen

You can only use a selector against those messages that are paged in, so
if you can tolerate greater memory usage you can increase the max page
size for that destination in order to have more in memory messages.

http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.