activemq-users mailing list archives

From Wim Verreydt <...@anova.be>
Subject Web console config not updating in ServiceMix (Karaf)
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 07:28:26 GMT
Hi all,

When I run ActiveMQ 5.9.0 and its web console in ServiceMix (Karaf) I have a problem with
the configuration in the org.apache.activemq.webconsole.cfg file. In ServiceMix the default
user for jmx and jms connections to activemq is “smx” (instead of “karaf" in Karaf).

The servicemix version I use is 5.0.0
The contents of my org.apache.activemq.webconsole.cfg file are:

webconsole.jms.url=${activemq.url}
webconsole.jmx.url=service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-${karaf.name}
webconsole.jmx.user=smx
webconsole.jmx.password=smx
webconsole.jms.user=smx
webconsole.jms.password=smx

When i install the web console for the first time, everything works great. org.apache.activemq.web.config.OsgiConfiguration
gets created, it gets updated with the new configuration and finally the web console (webconsole-osgi.xml)
executes a getConnectionFactory on the configuration and everything gets picked up fine.

But after a restart the order of events is change. The creation of OsgiConfiguration and the
getConnectionFactory call are both defined in the web console (webconsole-osgi.xml) and are
executed right after each other, before the hard coded default config (user:karaf … ) gets
updated with the new (user: smx … ) configuration. As the values of OsgiConfiguration are
not passed by reference, the ConnectionFactory will keep using the old configuration. Eventually
requesting queue info and sending messages trough the web console will fail because of authentication
issues.

I bump into the same issue if I try to update the configuration while running.

At the moment i think this issue blocks the following ServiceMix issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2267

Is there any solution you can propose or does this has to be changed in the code?

Sincerely,

Wim