activemq-users mailing list archives

From felixehm <Felix....@cern.ch>
Subject Wildcard subscription to many topics results in very high TotalConsumerCount
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 10:40:59 GMT
Hi,

does anyone have experience with wildcard subscriptions a la:

1 (Java & openwire) client subscribes to
A.B.>

and then you send to ~ 80.000 topics
A.B.1
A.B.2
A.B.3

The ActiveMQ JMX console shows you then in the TotalConsumerCount 80.0000. I
guess this is for each matched topic one consumer.
If I have a second consumer with the same subscription I will get 160.000 .
The broker version is 5.5.1-fuse-10-16.

Now, is this just a question of memory of managing such amount? What does
this number exactly mean ? E.g. does this mean we have 80.000 x the prefetch
limit per destination ?

Does 5.9.x solve this better : one consumer queue, but a simple lightweight
binding to the destination?

Many thanks for any feedback,
Felix