activemq-users mailing list archives

From khandelwalanuj <khandelwal.anu...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ kahaDB recovery
Date Thu, 08 May 2014 14:50:44 GMT
Hi,

Using ActiveMQ 5.8.

I observed a behavior while restarting ActiveMQ broker.

Details: Two days ago my disk space filled completely and in some time I
have cleaned it up. KahaDB was also on the same storage. Today when I
restarted my broker it was not able to come up and throw the exception:

"broker.BrokerService.start():556 ERROR]: Failed to start Apache ActiveMQ
(seedEmbeddedBroker, null). Reason:
org.apache.activemq.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol
message contained an invalid tag (zero).
org.apache.activemq.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol
message contained an invalid tag (zero).
    at
org.apache.activemq.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException.invalidTag(InvalidProtocolBufferException.java:48)
"

But when I restarted again, it broker was able to come up properly.

My question is: If KahaDB is corrupted than why broker was able to come up
seconds time when I restarted broker without clearing kahaDB. Ideally It
should not come up without clearing kahaDB.

Can you please help me here or correct me If I am wrong.

P.S. : I am not setting any of the flags like checksumJournalFiles,
checkForCorruptJournalFiles, ignoreMissingJournalfiles. Default values are
here

Thanks,
Anuj