activemq-users mailing list archives

From jlindwall <jlindw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Use embedded broker to reduce # of connections to remote broker?
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 18:21:17 GMT
One of our legacy applications creates over a hundred JMS connections to a
topic (non persistent messages) on a remote broker (one per servlet
basically).  Each connection is receiving the same messages (ie same message
selector).  We have over a hundred instances of this application running.

I am wondering if I can simplify our setup and drastically reduce the number
of connections by using an embedded activemq broker.  Each app instance
would run an embedded broker and the app's connections would be established
to this embedded broker. I hope to configure the embedded broker as the
single publisher/consumer to the remote broker; the local broker then serves
it's messages to local consumers.

We also send messages from these 100+ clients, so the local broker would
need to serve as a conduit for sending as well as receiving.

I hope I explained this reasonably well. Is such a setup possible?  Any
trade-offs I need to be aware of?

Thanks!