activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom_Z <>
Subject Testing against ActiveMQ with JMeter: how to set JMSPriority and JMSExpiration, values cannot be seen in Broker
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 16:20:59 GMT

I try to run priority focussed tests with JMeter 2.11 against ActiveMQ 5.8
and some queues defined in the broker xml config.

I successfully managed to push messages into the queues by the
JMeter-Samplers "JMS-Point-Point" and also "JMS-Publisher".

With both samplers I do set JMS properties whereas these are accepted by the
broker and logged into the logfile when a message is received:
- JMSType (e.g. text, binary)
- JMSXGroupSeq
- JMSCorrelationID

But the properties "JMSPriority" and "JMSExpiration" are ignored and never
set at the message. I tried both samplers, different property data types,
..., but the values are always the defaults 4 respectively 0.

I configured the queues to support message priority
( and I do
understand that delivery to a client always in order of priority depends on
different other settings
(, but the
value provided by the producer should nevertheless be accepted and logged?

Since JMSExpiration doesn't work too I guess it's a matter of providing
those values from JMeter via the ActiveMQ-Client-Impl to the broker? Is it
possible at all to set those message properties with JMeter and to test
scenarios of message priority?