activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro <>
Subject Scheduling messages with ActiveMQ 5.9.1 embedded in Tomcat 7 with Spring
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 18:44:06 GMT
Hi all.
I've managed to configure ActiveMQ to work either as a JNDI resource (in
context.xml) or as a Spring set of beans. In either case everything works
fine, excepted to have messages scheduled with a delay.

Following directions from the relevant page (
<>  )
I've tried to understand where to set that property
(*schedulerSupport="true"*). As I'm using an embedded configuration, I've
tried to follow the relevant link near the bottom of page
<>  . That link is broken

In the Spring version I've a snippet like the following:

*<amq:broker useJmx="false" persistent="false">
      <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:0" />

  <amq:connectionFactory id="jmsConnectionFactory"

In the JNDI version, resources more or less corresponding to the above beans
are declared in the context.xml with a snippet like the following:

  <Resource name="jms/ConnectionFactory" auth="Container"
    type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory" description="JMS
Connection Factory"
    brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker" />

To schedule a delayed message I've used these lines of code:

    jmsTemplate_i.send(queue_i, new MessageCreator() {
      public Message createMessage(Session session) throws JMSException {
        TextMessage message = session.createTextMessage(message_p);
        return message;

where delay is 60000 (for 60 seconds).
But, as expected (no property set...), messages keep being delivered without
any delay.

I've come to a dead end. Any help?
Thank you in advance.