activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro <alessandro.canev...@engimedia.it>
Subject Scheduling messages with ActiveMQ 5.9.1 embedded in Tomcat 7 with Spring
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 16:54:26 GMT
Hi all.
I've managed to configure ActiveMQ to work either as a JNDI resource (in
context.xml) or as a Spring set of beans. In either case everything works
fine, excepted to have messages scheduled with a delay.

Following directions from the relevant page (
https://activemq.apache.org/delay-and-schedule-message-delivery.html
<https://activemq.apache.org/delay-and-schedule-message-delivery.html>  )
I've tried to understand where to set that property
(*schedulerSupport="true"*). As I'm using an embedded configuration, I've
tried to follow the relevant link near the bottom of page
https://activemq.apache.org/xml-configuration.html
<https://activemq.apache.org/xml-configuration.html>  . That link is broken
(
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/config/BrokerXmlConfigFromJNDITest.java
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/config/BrokerXmlConfigFromJNDITest.java>

).

In the Spring version I've a snippet like the following:

*<amq:broker useJmx="false" persistent="false">
    <amq:transportConnectors>
      <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:0" />
    </amq:transportConnectors>
  </amq:broker>

  <amq:connectionFactory id="jmsConnectionFactory"
brokerURL="vm://localhost:7001"/>
*

In the JNDI version, resources more or less corresponding to the above beans
are declared in the context.xml with a snippet like the following:

*
  <Resource name="jms/ConnectionFactory" auth="Container"
    type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory" description="JMS
Connection Factory"
    factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
brokerURL="vm://localhost"
    brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker" />
*

To schedule a delayed message (say for 60 seconds) I've used these lines of
code:

*
    jmsTemplate_i.send(queue_i, new MessageCreator() {
      public Message createMessage(Session session) throws JMSException {
        TextMessage message = session.createTextMessage(message_p);
        message.setLongProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_DELAY,
delay);
        return message;
      }});
*