activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: non-durable topics & persistent messages
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:01:43 GMT
inline...

> If I send a *persistent* message to a *non-durable* topic ( and topic
> doesn't have durable consumers ),
>
> - is the message stored into database before sending non-durable subscribers ?
no
> - is an ACK sent to producer in anytime ?
immediately

> So, what is persistent delivery mode in non-durable topics for ?
persistence is an attribute of the message
durability is an attribute of the subscription

For topics, it means that each sub can decide if the message need to
be persisted for it.
the broker will not persist unless there is at least one durable sub.

> And if a topic is a durable topic ( ie, with durable subscribers ) and
> sent a non-persistent message
> is the message stored into temporary file on disk ( if there are
> inactive subscribers )?
yes. There is a file store per sub.

--
http://redhat.com