activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: "javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException" with maxConnection in pooledConnectionFactory
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:14:15 GMT
Yes, only one connection with a specific client id is allowed, as per the JMS spec.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 24, 2014, at 11:44 PM, "khandelwalanuj [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4680549h67@n4.nabble.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ActiveMQ Broker: 5.8
>
> I am using "PooledConnectionFactory" with "maxConnections = 20" for my java consumer.

> According to my understanding: Broker will allow consumer to have 20 connection at a
time if it is required.

> Question: My Consumer is subscribing to a topic with durable subscription with a client_id.
(client_id  = "abc").
> In this case If the consumer creates more than a connection at a time and since it will
use same client ID for another connection. Will it get "InvalidClientIDException" ?

> [In my test case, I am seeing this issue]
>
> FYI: InvalidClientIDException is thrown when a client tries to connect to the broker
using a clientID for which another client has already made connection using the same client
ID.