activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mike Chao <mike.chao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Behavior when a message expires while it is processing
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:45:52 GMT
So I ran testJMSExpirationAsn1 and got the following NPE.

java.lang.NullPointerException
       at
com.test.TestJMSExpirationNoCamel$DLQEndQueueConsumer.run(TestJMSExpirationNoCamel.java:188)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I changed consumer.receive(3000) to consumer.receive(9000) to fix the NPE.
The fix is here  testJMSExpiration2.zip
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4680370/testJMSExpiration2.zip>

The JUnit still fails because it only expects 1 message in the DLQs.

>From my understanding of ActiveMQ, which is limited, the correct behavior is
2 messages in the DLQs. Since they are separate messages ActiveMQ puts them
in the DLQs since they are both expired.  Or is my understanding incorrect?