activemq-users mailing list archives

From chinshaw <>
Subject Lengthy delays when using ActiveMQ Ajax Client
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:25:04 GMT
I posted this earlier on but this may be a better place to
get some advice.
I think my question simplified is should messages be received by the browser
before the end of the timeout because if a message sent is not recieved
before the timeout of the connection. If I set the timeout for example to
two seconds in the javascript initialization the message is received at the
end of the 2 second timeout. I was expecting the onsuccess to be called when
a message is received and the connection to reconnect but this is not the
case as I am experiencing.

I am testing the basic ActiveMQ AjaxServlet service to communicate with a
back end ActiveMQ service. The issue I am having is that the time it takes
to receive the message from the queue using the ajax client is sometimes 20+
seconds. The length of the delay is completely different every time but it
is long enough that I am concerned about going forward with the solution. I
have tried the prototype adapter and the jquery adapter and both exhibit the
same issues. I have tried multiple browsers and the same issues persists. I
have excellent connectivity with the remote queue and there is no delay

I see that the message is being delayed 25 seconds which is the timeout of
the ajax connection. I don't think this is the correct behavior and it
should break when the message is received,then reconnect. Is this the
correct assumption?

ActiveMQ Version : 5.9.0 <br/>
Firefox: 28 <br/>
Chrome: Newest Release <br/>