activemq-users mailing list archives

From jonb <jburf...@solekai.com>
Subject topic performance in cluster
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 06:22:28 GMT
I have a network of 10 brokers which consists of 5 (each on their own
machine) which each post about 1,000 object messages per second to a topic
(for a total of 5,000 messages per second).  There are 5 other machines each
running a broker in the network of brokers which all consume from this same
topic.  I've maxed out the prefetch and have the following settings on the
consumers' ActiveMQConnectionFactory:

<property name="copyMessageOnSend" value="false" />
<property name="useCompression" value="false" />
<property name="disableTimeStampsByDefault" value="false" />
<property name="optimizeAcknowledge" value="true"/>
<property name="optimizedMessageDispatch" value="true"/>
<property name="useAsyncSend" value="true" />
<property name="dispatchAsync" value="true" />

As message traffic gets into the thousands, the brokers complain that the
topic consumers are slow and that messages are being sent to the DLQ.  The
problem is, I've reduced my consumers to doing nothing more than taking the
message off the topic so they should be lighting fast.  I setup the
consumers to consume from the topic using this Camel route:

<route>
    <from
uri="activemq:topic:abort.topic?destination.consumer.prefetchSize=65535"/>
    <to uri="bean:abortProcessor?method=abort" />
</route>

Is there either some other way to broadcast messages to the consuming
machines that won't drop messages or does anyone have any configuration
suggestions?  I've spent time researching and trying different config
options to no avail.  Is this too big a broker network for this message load
with topics?  I send much higher message rates to queues in this network
with no issues.

Thanks in advance for any insight on this.