activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mike Wilson <mike...@hotmail.com>
Subject Best broker setup for M x N scenario with one network hop
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:50:42 GMT
I'm looking for help in choosing a broker topology for
our system with <M> frontend servers sending messages
to <N> backend servers.

We want to minimize network bandwidth so want a
solution where a (successful) message is only
transferred in one copy over one network hop.

This means I'm looking at a solution with embedded
brokers. We're also considering using MessageGroups
so the network of brokers topology is probably not
possible.

I'm thinking that we could embed a broker in every
frontend server, and let backend servers connect to
all brokers. It's ok to lose all messages for a
frontend server if it goes down.

But what about having the backend servers being
separately load-balanced over <M> different brokers;
is that setup even possible and does it cause unwanted
effects?

Thanks
Mike