activemq-users mailing list archives

From carlo cancellieri <carlo.cancelli...@geo-solutions.it>
Subject Re: 5.8.0 Unable to shutdown embedded broker
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 21:15:32 GMT
Art,
Response is inline.

> Hmm, what you describe sounds disturbing and counter to my experience.
>
> Opening a jira entry is the first step to getting any bug addressed.
> Attaching a self-contained junit that can reproduce the problem certainly
> helps a lot.

I'll ask to my society if I can allocate some time for this task.

> One question comes to mind - is a connection pool part of the setup?  If
so,
> remember that calling close on the connection returned by the pool does
not
> necessarily close the underlying connection (otherwise, it wouldn't be
much
> of a pool).  So, in that case, make sure the pool is being shutdown
> properly; it should then make sure the connection is shutdown.

Yes, I'm using a connection pool instantiated directly into the code (no
jndi) and I'm calling clear() (which should close all the connections) then
close() over it. This is done into a spring dispose() call (so this code is
actually executed at the context dispose).

> Again, though, if you can prove a case that closing the connection leaves
> the transport open, please create a Jira entry - we'll need to get it
> solved.

I'll try to give u a junit test if it will be possible anyhow looking at
the method I pointed u in the last mail it should be easy to understand
thst the Transport is never closed since  (as far as i understood) the pool
is able ro close the connections but no one is taking care of the Transport.
Cheers,
Carlo