activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Messages stuck in broker, requires restart.
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:08:19 GMT
there was a contention issue around the cursor cache, that could be
avoided with <policyEntry ... useCache="false" > - that may be what
you are seeing. It could be worth a try.

On 28 March 2014 11:04, Donnell Alwyn <Alwyn.Donnell@uk.mizuho-sc.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using activmq 5.7.0, stress testing has revealed a problem in that messages get stuck
in the broker and are not delivered to the target topic. Only a broker restart solves the
problem, then the messages flow to the topic. What has been observed is that the Enqueue Counter
for the topic is for example 10,000 and the Dequeue counter is as 9,990, so 10 messages are
missing. The Pending Queue size for the topic is 10. After a broker restart the Dequeue Counter
becomes 10 and Pending Queue Size goes back to 0. Obviously statistics are reset after a broker
restart. After the restart the messages are picked up by a durable subscription. This is obviously
not an ideal scenario in a production environment.

message in error please delete it and any files transmitted with it, after notifying postmaster@uk.mizuho-sc.com.

> Any opinions expressed in this message may be those of the author and not necessarily
those of the company. The company accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness
of any information contained herein. This message is not intended to create legal relations
between the company and the recipient.

> Recipients should please note that messages sent via the Internet may be intercepted
and that caution should therefore be exercised before dispatching to the company any confidential
or sensitive information.
> Mizuho International plc Bracken House, One Friday Street, London EC4M 9JA. TEL. 020
72361090. Wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. Member of Mizuho Financial
Group. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Member of the London Stock Exchange.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com