activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock on broker (thread dumps included)
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 01:21:48 GMT
Consuming and producing on the same connection can lead to deadlocks because producer-flow-control
blocks the entire connection.

It is hard to tell from the description of the usage pattern if that could be occurring in
your case.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 3, 2014, at 9:55 AM, "jmachina [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4678480h28@n4.nabble.com>
wrote:

> The majority of our connections have both subscribers and producers, but in most cases
we subscribe to a set of topics, and publish to a different set of topics (with the same connection).
Why are you suggesting that we avoid this, do you have a longer explanation or a link to docs?
Our connections are all using bare java calls to the ActiveMQ library. Thanks!