activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michael Justin <michael.jus...@gmx.net>
Subject STOMP message acknowledgement blocks with high server load
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:40:43 GMT
Hello,

with ActiveMQ 5.9.0, a STOMP client which continuously sends small
non-persistent messages to a topic destination from one thread and
consumes these messages from a second thread.
(The threads use separate connection objects.)

* with ack mode 'auto', sending and receiving continuously runs with
high transfer rates.

* with ack mode 'client', after around 2000 to 5000 messages have been
sent the broker blocks when the consumer sends the ACK frame, and the
client runs into a send time-out.

I have run the same application with the current Apollo 1.6 release, the
problem is not reproducible here, with ack mode 'client', sending ACK
frames never blocks. With ActiveMQ it is always reproducible.

Should I report this is in the issue tracker (currently the code is in
Delphi but I could write a Java test case).

Regards
--
Michael Justin
habarisoft - Enterprise Messaging Software for Delphi