activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: activemq broker running out of heap memory
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 16:38:01 GMT
You will find a lot if issues like this. I highly recommend the use of monitoring.

My current project does just that using jmxtrans, opentsdb, and metrilyx.

Make sure to watch for slow consumption!

Oh, and you are welcome ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 9, 2014, at 8:01 AM, "sansjunk [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4678666h94@n4.nabble.com>
wrote:

> @artnaseef, thanks for the quick response - I didn't expect a reply over the weekend
so didn't bother to check sooner :-)

> Yes, you are correct. Both the QueueSize and the PendingQueueSize of the Queues and Topics
respectively are 0.

> The client side is JMS and looking at the code I did find the bug where a session and
producer was being created a send a message and were never closed. Thanks for pointing out,
you saved my day!

> I wonder if there is a way to ask the broker to close idle producers? Or at least limit
the number of producers to prevent badly written clients from messing up the broker.