activemq-users mailing list archives

From Raphael Seebacher <...@open.ch>
Subject Re: [APOLLO] Client uses "heart-beat:0,0" - server answers with "heart-beat:100,1000"
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:44:40 GMT
Hi Michael

This behaviour is correct according to the STOMP 1.2 specification [1]: Both the client and
the server do only state what they are able to do (first unsigned int) and what they would
like the remote to do (second unsigned int). The actual heart-beating is then determined based
on these values (and if the value is 0, no heart-beating will be done), as explained in the
STOMP 1.2 specification.
In other words, the server does not consider the client’s heart-beat header when replying
to a CONNECT frame, but just sends its preferences for heart-beating. Only afterwards the
exchanged values are used to determine the heart-beating intervals.

-Raphael

[1] http://stomp.github.io/stomp-specification-1.2.html#Heart-beating

On 14 Mar 2014, at 10:14, Michael Justin <michael.justin@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> with STOMP 1.2, the current version 1.6 of the Apollo seems to use default heart-beat
intervals of 100 and 1000 (outgoing/incoming).

> So even if the client informs that heart-beating is not supported by the client library,
the server seems to expect heart-beating in both directions.

--
raphael seebacher
security engineer

open systems ag