activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Messages stuck in queue 5.9.0
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:31:27 GMT
I recommend taking a step back and looking at a few fundamentals.

First, how are unconsumed messages on the queue detected?  The following
seems to indicate there are none (pagedInMessage.size 0):

{noformat}
ReceiveQueue toPageIn: 200, Inflight: 0, pagedInMessages.size 0,
enqueueCount: 120149, dequeueCount: 113644 |
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue | ActiveMQ BrokerService[localhost]
Task-619
{noformat}

Note that enqueue and dequeue counts are useful, but I have seen them be
misleading in the past.  For example, purging the queue may leave those
numbers out-of-sync.

What does the JMX setting QueueSize say for the queue?

Also, does restarting the broker cause messages to be consumed that were
previously unconsumed?

Note that if JMX cannot browse the messages, they either aren't there, or
their TTLs have expired (I haven't checked the latter to see if expired TTLs
will prevent messages from showing up via JMX).