activemq-users mailing list archives

From gilesD <gilesdsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 FailoverTransport - Invalid connect parameters
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:05:23 GMT
"failover://(tcp://myhost:61616)?initialReconnectDelay=100
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
{initialReconnectDelay=100} "

I had a similar issue, the URI is perfectly valid, after looking into the
activemq source I found that when it was trying to set the failover
transport properties it was throwing an exception because it could not find
the converter from the TypeConversionSupport converters list in
activemq-client and as a result the properties were not set and you would
get the "Invalid connect parameters" error.

This issue was because of a missing TypeConverter, The converters were not
initializied properly, There are 25 converters but only 7 were loaded. The
converter that we needed was the String to Long but it was missing because
of an error when creating the converter for UTF8Buffer i.e.
CONVERSION_MAP.put(new ConversionKey(UTF8Buffer.class, String.class),
toStringConverter);

The UTF8Buffer class could not found in my project as a result the remaining
converters were not loaded, so I had to download and add the jar hawtbuf19
and this took care of the issue.
http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/h/Downloadhawtbuf19jar.htm
<http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/h/Downloadhawtbuf19jar.htm >

Greenbean wrote