activemq-users mailing list archives

From vlaxmi <vlaxmi.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject prefetch size in broker config (activemq.xml)
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 03:52:23 GMT
Hi,

I want to set the topic prefetch limit such that it will be applied to all
consumers of that topic.

I tried to set the same -
 <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
              <policyEntries>
		  <policyEntry topic="test" topicPrefetch="500"
advisoryForDiscardingMessages="true" advisoryForSlowConsumers="true">
	          	<pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
		  	      <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="200"/>
                  	</pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                  </policyEntry>
              </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

However, it does not set the prefetch size to 500 for the consumer.

This works only if I set the prefetch on consumer config -
tcp://localhost:61616?jms.prefechPolocy.topicPrefetch=500

Is there any way I can set the topic prefetch in broker config -
activemq.xml ?