activemq-users mailing list archives

From khandelwalanuj <khandelwal.anu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ consumer not getting removed
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:19:04 GMT
Hey,

I saw some configurations in ActiveMQConnectionFactory and FailoverTransport
like "initialReconnectDelay" "backOffMultiplier" "maxReconnectAttempts"
"useExponentialBackOff". If we cannot stop client in above case than atleast
we can create delay after each reconnect.

I found that if a client is not able to connect to the broker (may be broker
is not runnning), it keep on retrying with exponential backoff and respect
the configuration. But in case of exception there is nothing like backoff
period or maxreconnect attempts.

It can be resolved if FailoverTransport do the same things like
reconnectdelay and exponentialBackOff while throwing the exception.

Thanks,
Anuj