activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: 5.8.0 Unable to shutdown embedded broker
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 20:48:05 GMT
Hmm, what you describe sounds disturbing and counter to my experience.

Opening a jira entry is the first step to getting any bug addressed.
Attaching a self-contained junit that can reproduce the problem certainly
helps a lot.

One question comes to mind - is a connection pool part of the setup?  If so,
remember that calling close on the connection returned by the pool does not
necessarily close the underlying connection (otherwise, it wouldn't be much
of a pool).  So, in that case, make sure the pool is being shutdown
properly; it should then make sure the connection is shutdown.

Again, though, if you can prove a case that closing the connection leaves
the transport open, please create a Jira entry - we'll need to get it
solved.