activemq-users mailing list archives

From davery <d_av...@audiblemagic.com>
Subject ActiveMQ consumers stop accepting messages
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:10:07 GMT
Hi,

I have two ActiveMQ 5.8 instances setup in a network of brokers. Each
instance is hosted on a separate machine running Ubuntu 12.04 with 8GB of
memory. After one week in production, we started seeing consumers that
wouldn't accept messages. In the web console I can see the messages enqueue
and messages in the dispatch queue, but the messages are never consumed in
the server application. Restarting the consumer doesn't fix the problem.
When I tried restarting the ActiveMQ instance it failed to shutdown --
needed to kill -9 the pid.

I believe the problem is on the broker or in the CMS library, but I can't
seem to track it down. Has anyone seen a problem like this before?

Application topology, request/response pattern w/temp queues, not
persistent:

ASP.NET/NMS  <-- producer (x350) --> ActiveMQ 5.8 (x2) <-- consumer (x120)
--> C++/CMS
Win2003/IIS6                              Ubuntu 12.04/OpenJDK 7

Ubuntu 12.04

Portions of activemq.xml:

	<amq:policyEntry queue=">"
		optimizedDispatch="true"
		lazyDispatch="false"
		producerFlowControl="false"
		strictOrderDispatch="false">
		<amq:deadLetterStrategy>
				<amq:individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."
useQueueForQueueMessages="true" />
		</amq:deadLetterStrategy>
		<amq:dispatchPolicy>
			<amq:roundRobinDispatchPolicy />