activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: "undefined reference to" errors
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 04:36:15 GMT
Ah, I'm getting rusty...

The reason is that the compiler processes things in the order presented on
the compile line.  So, having the library before the object file, it does
not resolve the symbol because, at the time the library is scanned, that
symbol is not yet missing.

Hmm, trying to recall if it matters whether the library is static or
dynamic... I think so.  Do you have a static version of the activemq-cpp
library only?

Anyways - glad to hear you got it resolved.  I recommend always putting
libraries after object files on the GCC/G++ command-line.