activemq-users mailing list archives

From sansjunk <>
Subject Re: activemq broker running out of heap memory
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 15:01:10 GMT
@artnaseef, thanks for the quick response - I didn't expect a reply over the
weekend so didn't bother to check sooner :-)

Yes, you are correct. Both the QueueSize and the PendingQueueSize of the
Queues and Topics respectively are 0.

The client side is JMS and looking at the code I did find the bug where a
session and producer was being created a send a message and were never
closed. Thanks for pointing out, you saved my day!

I wonder if there is a way to ask the broker to close idle producers? Or at
least limit the number of producers to prevent badly written clients from
messing up the broker.