activemq-users mailing list archives

From gregg <>
Subject Same message redelivered to multiple consumers after failover
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 16:18:50 GMT
I have been doing some Master/Slave failover testing and have encountered an

1) Both Master X and Slave Y broker are pointing to the same kabadb
2) I have one single message on the queue and a listener A actively
processing it (paused). Listeners B,C,D are idle.
3) I shutdown the Master X broker
4) Slave broker Y automatically comes online and becomes the master
5) Consumer listeners B, C, D get reinitialized on the new master broker

The problem is that the currently processing message gets redelivered to all
connected and idle consumers (B,C,D). Is this an invalid test approach, or
am I missing some key broker configuration?