activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KahaDb cleanUp interval
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:44:50 GMT
IIRC, the counts/sizes for StoreUsage (what's currently used) won't be
as consistent the longer your cleanup period is... eg.. if you take 5
mins to cleanup, your may hit producer flow control on store if the
store usage isn't updated correctly even though all your messages may
have been consumed.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Torsten Mielke <tmielke@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If you increase the cleanup interval to 60 secs there may perhaps be more cleanup work
to be done by the task and it may take slightly longer to run. However I doubt you would notice
any impact, it should work just like before.

> Nevertheless you should test it accordingly in load test that simulates your production
load.

> Regards,
>
> Torsten Mielke
> tmielke.blogspot.com
>

> On 12 Feb 2014, at 11:10 am, khandelwalanuj <khandelwal.anuj90@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> By Default KahaDb cleanupInterval is 30 seconds. I think this is very small duration
for cleanup. For broker with heavy load this interval is very small. So I want to increase
this value to 60 seconds.

--
Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog