activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rebalanceClusterClients , failover and transactions
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:39:28 GMT
inline

On 16 February 2014 16:09, Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I set updateURIsSupported=false do I need to reconfigure all the clients
> when I'm going to a a new broker ?
yes. you could make use of updateURIsURL to externalise the list.

> I cannot find the documentation for reconnectSupported here
> http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html
> what does that option mean ?
it causes failover to ignore reconnect commands from the broker. I
updated the doc to include this.

> I do not understand clearly what is the maning of |priorityBackup while
> using the updateClusterClients features, that it, in a network of brokers
> where clients discover the existance of new brokers from informations
> received from the actually connected broker and do not necessarly known the
> URLs of every broker at startup

It is static, so not much use if you don't know the possible broker
url list up front. Possibly
this can be made more general, like a regx match rather than an exact
match like it is today.
That may be a sensible enhancement, please open a jira if you think it
would help your scenario.

On the real issue with transactions and failover. In general a
failover can occur at any time,
so dealing with a rebalance reconnect is no different.
When you say messages are suppressed as duplicates - do they get lost.
if so then we have a problem
broker side that we need to address.

If you can provide a test case that warrants a jira to investigate some more.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com