activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: setting randomize=false doesn't work in failover transport
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 14:48:15 GMT
Two ideas come to mind. One, clients are failing to connect. Two, the connection drops at some
point.

Do you have logging to see failover activity on the client?  That would show either case.
Using activemq's transport listener on the connection would also be good here. Note there
is a race condition on setting it unless it is set on the ActiveMQConnectionFactory before
creating the connection. The race condition means events could be missed at startup.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 4, 2014, at 3:54 AM, "1gnition [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4677390h38@n4.nabble.com>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> We have a network of brokers with the following configuration in each broker:
>
>   <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="broker" dataDirectory="${activemq.data}">
>     <networkConnectors>
>       <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://225.0.0.0" decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"/>
>     </networkConnectors>
>     <transportConnectors>
>       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://225.0.0.0"/>
>         <publishedAddressPolicy>
>           <publishedAddressPolicy publishedHostStrategy="IPADDRESS"/>
>         <publishedAddressPolicy>
>       </transportConnector>
>     </transportConnectors>
>   </broker>
>
> (syntax highlighted version here)
>
> Now, we want clients to use failover transport but preferably connect to a local broker,
so we use this connection URI in the clients:
> failover:(tcp://localhost:61616,discovery:(multicast://225.0.0.0))?randomize=false&priorityBackup=true
> The problem is that clients still connect to random broker in the network instead to
their local broker. We also tried adding